Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Bunch of Firsts

Well, my first Pesach and Sedarim made is now half over- hurrah!

I succeeded in getting the house clean, the two Seders (for our American guests) created, and all by the time of burning Chametz.

Birkas HaChama was another phenomenal first- standing out there with all the other women, looking at the sun in a new way- that only happens once in 28 years. It was phenomenal, inspirational, and a new recognition of Hashem- that even the largest luminary serves Him. My whole neighborhood gathered together- B'Rov Am, Hadras Melech- when more people come, it's more glory for the King of Kings.

This was the first year that I personally only kept one day of Yom Tov- quite fun to stand there taking pictures of a Seder that I didn't have to participate in...and I realized that I'll never have a 3-day Yom Tov again, except on Rosh Hashana, every once in a while.

It was also NBD's first Pesach- and even though she only made it past the first kos (cup), she still enjoyed it!

I'll be on a slight vacation till after Pesach (unless something really interesting comes up)- so Chag Kasher V'Sameach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NMF#7:
Surely a selfless act to host a second night seder in which none of your family attended, but wasn't it rather strange?
Also: are your chutz la'aretz guests going to be with you throough to the end of their eighth day, or do you get to change back in accordnce with everyone who keeps seven days?
Chag kasher v'sameach
Anon613-London

nmf #7 said...

Anon613- Yeah, it was rather strange- but in a good way. I got to sit, and enjoy the commentary, but felt free to leave and wash dishes, or pick up the phone.

And, I got to hear a lot more Divrei Torah- instead of concentrating intently on reading the words.

They will be going through with me to the 8th day, but I think that I'm going to pack up a bit before it ends, without showing them chametz, of course.

Chag Sameach to you to!