Monday, June 15, 2009

Netanyahu and the Two-State Solution

Yeah, that was the headlines when I checked the news in the evening after Bibi gave his speech.
Immediately, I jumped, thinking the worst.

But, he did so far beyond the best I would have hoped for.

He stated the conditions for a Palestinian state must be an demilitarized state, and one that recognizes Israel as a Jewish state. He called the settlers our Zionist brothers and sisters, and said he doesn't plan to destroy or get rid of any of them. He recognized the Jewish ties to Israel- from Avraham, Yitzchak, and Yaakov. He was awesome, and I'm so happy he said all this.


Needless to say, the Palestinians rejected his proposed solution immediately, which frankly, is what he expected.

We can't have another Gaza in the center of Israel- so he was totally right that he said all this.

I know there were points and semantics that both sides don't agree with.
But he did the best he could.

Jameel and JoeSettler have a write up. They state it far better than I could. But I'm so happy with the way he said his speech. Well done.

No comments: