Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Gutten Moed!

Wow- can't believe I haven't posted since Friday- been so hectic around here!
Cooked up a storm- out of the four pans of chicken I made- only one remains, as my guests have been eating me out of house and home!

All the cute neighbor children helped me hang some more decorations- and of course, I had to repay them with delicious oatmeal-peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies and homemade ice cream.

This year I was declared officially Israeli- so I only keep one day of Yom Tov, as opposed to my Chutz L'Aaretz guests, who are keeping two.

It makes it kinda nice- as they have learned to hint very well.
"It would be so nice if the mixer were on....."
"I would love a hot cup of coffee right now....."
"It seems I have run out of pre-cut paper towels....."

So, while they're keeping Yom Tov, we get to help out, and enjoy the Moed. I finally feel like a real part of this land and people- as I get to participate while the whole country celebrates Chol HaMoed!

Any fun ideas for trips to take?

I hope to post this week every day- but I may be very busy cooking- as I'm having many, many more guests, and they seem to enjoy my desserts.....my 7 drawer freezer has been emptied to two drawers!

Otherwise- Gutten Moed- and I'll be back to regular posts after Succos!

2 comments:

Chana said...

Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time in Israel- that's fantastic!

nmf #7 said...

Yup- enjoying myself immensely!
Hope all is well by you!
A Gutten Moed!