Friday, December 12, 2008

Erev Shabbos #7- Chutz L'Aaretz

Well, it's that time of the week again- and I have guests from overseas.
I was so excited to host them- I cleaned, prepped, cooked- all ready so when they came they could just relax.
They arrived in the morning- and came bearing gifts.

What did they bring me- you might ask?
Well- what every girl living in Israel wants from Chutz La'aretz.
Tinfoil.

Yep, that's right, they brought me exactly what I asked for- 4 large rolls of 250 square feet of tinfoil each.

Yes, I know you can get tinfoil in Israel- 200 square feet for 32 shekel. If you check that price, that's about 8 dollars for 1 roll of tinfoil. And don't suggest I buy the Israeli brand- it rips, tears, and is generally flimsy. And I can't reuse it.

It's amazing how a small thing like this could make me so happy. It's making my Erev Shabbos so special to have something like this- how did I get to the point when a roll of tinfoil was a source of celebration?

I guess I've come to recognize the little things in life are not so little after all.

A Gut Shabbos everyone!

5 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Diamond wrap is pretty close to reynolds wrap.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I haven't heard of this one before.

Glad you got your tinfoil and were happy with it. (we call it silverfoil though)

nmf #7 said...

Jameel- They are the same- but no comparison between Diamond or Reynolds and an Israeli brand. I was desperate for some solid, heavy tinfoil.

Babysitter- that would be a NY lingo. I'm originally from out of town- so we call it tinfoil, or aluminum foil.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

silverfoil? I'm *not* from out of town (well, when I lived in the US) and we called it aluminum foil....

nmf7: diamond is pretty decent...

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

right we call it aluminum foil too.
I guess it was named after all kinds of metals that it looks like.