Monday, December 1, 2008

OII #3- Collection with Style

Update on December 3: Today I got another knock- three sweet girls, the oldest not more than 10, collecting for Yad Eliezer- more non-perishables! I love Israel!!

I'm researching on my computer when I hear a knock on the door- no more than a tap.
I open it to find two cute Sephardi girls, with their little brother, neither one older than 8.
They are carrying two shopping bags- half empty, and present me a piece of paper.

It seems that my community is collecting food products (non-perishables) for a family in need of basic items. So, these two kind youngsters have volunteered to collect.

I don't know if they are part of the family in need, or just a friend- but to see two cute kids trying to collect tzedaka- real tzedaka- like basic food products- it just melted my heart.
So I handed them what I could, and wished them Kol Tuv.

Wow- so special. And, it's all done anonymously, with you actually seeing where the "money" is going- it's going into this family's hands- as actual food products- cans of tomato sauce, pititim (couscous), tuna fish- things that a family could actually use.
Kol HaKavod!

3 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

that's great you had the oppertunity to give real Tzedaka!

nmf #7 said...

Babysitter- thanks for commenting!

Real Tzedaka? Well, it did make me feel like I was doing something more than just giving a small amount of actual cash.

There are boxes all over my neighborhood for Keren Ezras Shabbos (or something like that) to deposit non-perishables, but I'm not sure if anyone actually collects them, so I never gave stuff.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

NMF#7: You're welcome!

yea, real tzedaka, cause they say the real type is to give something they need and where you don't where it's going to, unless it's that they shouldn't see who's giving, something like that.

right, if their just boxes in the open with no one watching over them, then doesn't sound so good.