Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mourning

I can't even express my feelings in words. They are too complicated, confused, saddened, and grief oriented. But seeing this picture pop up on my screen this morning just made it all the worse.

Source: AP Photos and AOL News
My heart breaks for the little one, who will never see his parents again. And for the 8 orphans left behind from a father killed in another country. And for all of Klal Yisroel- who weeps together for the Kedoshim.
They were killed because they were Jews, because they went to a foreign country to work for their parnasa, to perform kiruv, to be mashgiach some of the foods we eat...
Their funerals are today in Israel.
May all those who are mourning them be comforted among the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A similar picture on the FP of the Hamodia really ruined my breakfast. The poor kid! Too young to understand - not that understanding would make things better - what'll happen to him?

nmf #7 said...

I couldn't read these articles after a day or so- I just couldn't deal with reading how his grandfather owns an orphanage, and now...
He's hugging onto his nanny, Sandra Samuel, from India, who came with him, because that's the only familiar face he knows.